Every month, we share easy tasks you can do to keep your home in tip-top shape all year long. So here are a few simple tasks you can take on in October!
1. Pack Away The Air Conditioner - If you use a seasonal air conditioning unit, then now is the time to pack it up for winter! Make sure to spend a few extra minutes cleaning all the filters and coils well. It will keep the unit in great shape and it will last much longer.
2. Winterize External Plumbing Systems - It's much better to prepare for freezing temperatures before its freezing! Winterize all exposed outdoor pipes and you'll avoid the trouble when there is snow or ice on the ground.
3. Check Your Carbon Monoxide Detector - This is an important one! October is a great time to check your carbon monoxide detector to make sure it is performing well. Change the batteries, test it, and replace older units.
4. Clean Up For Halloween - Trick-or-treating can be a liability hazard! Clean up any loose tree limbs, fill holes in the yard, and remove any fire hazard Halloween decorations before kids are running to your door.
5. Save on Home Insurance - Homeowners Insurance is an important part of protecting your belongings. To make sure you have the best coverage, call us today for a free, no obligation quote.
At the Bryan Insurance Agency, we are the leading insurance agent for New Windsor, Long Island, and the surrounding New York area for auto, home, and business insurance. For a quote on your home insurance call us at 888-565-2212 or visit us online.